* June 24-July 9: Head to NYC and check out Nova Express, the final edition of DECODER, a sound and image cutup machine inspired by the prophetic imagination of William Burroughs’ Nova Trilogy
* April 18th: Best Minds: Seeing Allen Ginsberg and Madness Through Different Lenses, featuring Bob Rosenthal, Michael Schumacher, Stevan Weine, and Ann-Marie McManaman. University of Illinois-Chicago.
* Journal of Beat Studies #10 was mailed to members in early April
* March 24, 2023: The Journal of Beat Studies #10 is out now!
* click here for a new interview with Kurt Hemmer, editor of the Encyclopedia of Beat Literature
* The 2022 Beat Studies Association Conference was a smashing success! See the Conference Page for highlights.
*April 13, 2022: The latest issue of The Lowell Review, edited by Richard P. Howe, Jr. and Paul Marion, has a section dedicated to “The Jack Kerouac Centennial.”
*March 12, 2022: In honor of Kerouac’s 100th birthday, check out Kurt Hemmer and Tom Knoff’s film, American Joyride
*March 4, 2022: Mary Paniccia Carden’s book, Women Writers of the Beat Era, is currently featured in the University of Virginia Press’s Women’s History Month Promotion, with a 30% discount.
*On March 10th, 2022, City Lights Bookstore will host a virtual event, “Still Outside: Kerouac@100,” featuring Joyce Johnson, Ann Charters, Tim Hunt, David Amram, Regina Weinreich, Hassan Melehy, and Jean-Christophe Cloutier. Learn more and register here.
*January 19th, 2022: Read an excerpt from Kurt Hemmer’s forthcoming biography of Gregory Corso, A Revolutionary of the Spirit – A Gregory Corso Biography
*January 3rd, 2022: Kerouac Lives! Adds a U.S. film premiere